With the world moving towards digitalisation, computers have become an integral part of everyone’s life, and with computers, coding has become the new language of the 21st century. Coding has always been in demand within the IT sector. It increases the job opportunities for a child in the future and amplifies non-technical skills like creativity, abstract thinking, communication, problem-solving, and many more. Therefore on certain grounds, it becomes necessary to make our children ready to obtain the skills of coding.
With the emphasis on coding from class 6, the New Education Policy 2020 has drawn attention to the pre-existing online coding platforms as well as encouraged new platforms to emerge.
Here are the top picks for the best school coding platforms in 2021.
- WhiteHat Jr-This is the most popular learning platform in the world of coding. Every student learns at a different pace, and WhiteHat Jr has taken very good care of this as this platform allows one-to-one teaching, which helps to nudge the creative corner of a child’s mind. Various courses are designed for children from 6 to 14 years of age, where the child is exposed to the basics of coding.
- Vedantu Super Coders-This programme by Vedantu is designed for children between the age group of 6 and 12 years. They offer a wide variety of courses such as creating apps, games, animation, learning Python, and many more.
- CampK12-The alumni of MIT/ Harvard created this program. This programme offers multiple courses for the children of the 6-18 age groups. Here the pupils are taught programming languages like Java, CSS, and HTML. They are also taught to create Augmented Reality (AR) projects, VR games and develop mobile applications.
- EduCode Academy-Educode makes learning a fun process. They offer a wide range of courses that are designed with micro-lessons which helps the learner to intake information at their individual pace. They also offer a 7-day trial to traverse through their courses.
- CodeMonkey-This is a global learning platform. The programmes are aimed at learners of 6-14 years of age. Their easy-to-follow courses are designed to be interactive, enabling the students to learn with zeal. Here the learners are taught to write programmes in Python, CoffeeScript, and Blockly.